Sunday, August 14, 2011

Butterflies. Yes, butterflies.


People who know me well know that I'm not a fan of winged things. I don't know why, it's just how I am. I don't really like butterflies and birds in real life so I rarely use them in my creative life.
I made an exception today because I got the Flutter Just Blooms paper shapes in one of my bundles from convention and I wanted to make something with them.
Also, I was struggling all week to come up with something for this week's Heart to Heart Challenge where the theme is "Hot." Well, butterflies are kind of summery right? And summer is hot so...
Ok, so it's a stretch but I did use warm colors so we're going to say this card fits the theme! :-)

*The card base is colonial white sponged with desert sand ink.
*The mat is desert sand cardstock that I used the edge distresser on plus a little desert sand ink.
*The label shape is from the fabulous Art Philosphy Cricut Cartridge. I manipulated the shape in my gypsy to size it at 4.92x4.09 (real dial size) so it would fit nicely on a standard size card.
*I stamped the label shape with D1477-Universal Backgrounds in Bamboo ink.
*I used my paper piercer to freehand pierce a line of holes around the edge of the lablel and little circle then sponged the edges with desert sand ink.
*The flourish is from D1482-Love Life, stamped in Olive ink.
*The scallop circle is also from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, cut out of cocoa cardstock.
*The sentiment is from B1391-Zoology, stamped in Olive ink.
*The butterflies are sponged with Sunset, Creme Brulee, and a little Goldrush ink. They are adorned with Pearl Gems and adhered with liquid glass.

That's a lot of information for one little card lol! It really wasn't that complicated but I think details are helpful so I hope you like it!




2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Carolyn! Your attention to the details are inspiring. =) Thanks for sharing with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really pretty! Thanks for breaking out those butterflies and sharing your lovely card with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete