Sunday, July 31, 2011

Feeling Wicked?

I am! Well, Wicked as in the August Stamp of the Month ;-) This is a really fun halloween set! Here are a few things I did with it:
The layout is based on the Typeset Workshop on the Go layout that is featured on page 19 of the new idea book. The "orange" paper is from The Dreamin' level 2 paper pack. The black and white patterned paper is from the Mischief level 2 paper pack.
I added some Lagoon touches here and there to go with my daughter's costume. Also the witch's boots are accented with liquid glass to make them shine!
Edges of this stamped image and the other accents are sponged with goldrush ink.
The moon was stamped with second generation goldrush.
Again, some lagoon on her socks, and liquid glass on the shoes and bird.
Don't look too closely at the candle, everything is a wee bit crooked and a bit off but it's still fun so here it is. I used the technique of stamping and embossing the image on tissue paper, laying it on the candle, wrapping it with wax paper then heating it with the embossing gun to make the tissue paper "melt" into the candle.
Card base is Kraft cardstock. The Goldrush paper is part of my leftovers from the Dreamin' pack used for the layout.
The scalloped circles are not the CTMH punch but very similar. Images are stamped in black then sponged with lagoon.
I also used some lagoon sparkles on the corners of the sentiment.
I love this cute black polka dot ribbon! It is retired but is still available in the "while supplies last" section of my website for a great price! Check it out HERE.
To check out more artwork created with products from the brand new Autumn/Winter Idea Book, follow along Tresa's (Fabulously Artsy) blog hop!


3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the candle and such a cute way to show off those stockings & shoes in your lay-out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Love that candle, perfect image for Halloween decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Carolyn! So glad I got to meet you at convention.

    ReplyDelete